0 / 1&2 / 3&4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9&10/ 11&12 / 13 / 14 / 15&16 / 17 / 18&19 / 20&21&22

7/11/11

Paris: Day 8





Back in New York, I discovered just how good macarons can be at Macaron Cafe (try the Venezia salad and the fresh iced tea). So naturally, when in Paris, I had to taste macarons from Pierre Herme and Laduree. The only thing left to do after that was to learn how to make this gluten-free treat!
Our class was at La Cuisine Paris, a great place to take an English-speaking cooking class.
















            

            





Can you believe we made these? Lovely!












    









    

Mmmmmm!




With our boxes of macarons in tow, we were on to our next and last fashion forecasting appointment at Promostyl. I really loved their space and the comprehensiveness of their presentation.



























What I didn't mention before was that getting there was a bit tricky. We were on our own and just a bit lost. Somewhere along the way, we got free soda and saw some cool graffiti, so it wasn't so bad at all.






























This night was particularly special because a good friend of mine invited me to a very nice dinner. We went to Restaurant Guy Savoy and I had something called the "Colours, Textures, and Savours" menu... a seemingly endless array of incredible dishes served with all kinds of champagne, diverse cheeses, and artisan breads. One after the other, they kept bringing me really amazing delicious things even after I was sure I would burst. The chef and owner himself came over to our table! I felt really out of place somewhere so nice, but he and the rest of the staff were so pleasant that it was a great experience. I'm not sure I'll ever really know which utensils to use and how, but I'm okay with that.

My friend photographed me all dressed up for the occasion. Huge "thank you" goes out to him for everything!!

















(wearing a sheer silk dress with metal sequins and an asymmetrical draped leather jacket, both from All Saints)






No comments:

Post a Comment